Bakkt Marketplace Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
In 2018, Bakkt began with the mission to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Operating in a manner that provides confidence to our customers and integrity in our platform is fundamental to that mission . Bakkt proactively monitors customer activity for compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy and will take all necessary steps to ensure that all activity complies with Bakkt’s requirements.
By creating and using a Bakkt Account (“Account”) and/or Bakkt Wallet (“Wallet”) for services provided by Bakkt (“Services”), you agree not to engage in any practices that are prohibited. Bakkt may review, monitor, store, and disclose any information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, request from a governmental authority, or request by a court. Bakkt may suspend or terminate your Account, or freeze the funds stored in your Wallet immediately and without notice if Bakkt determines, in its discretion, you have violated this Acceptable Use Policy or that your action is inappropriate or disruptive to the Services or to any other Bakkt customer. You represent and warrant that you have read and fully understand this Acceptable Use Policy before using the Wallet or the Services.
You are prohibited from using your Account, Wallet and/or Services to engage in the following or related activity including:
- peer-to-peer digital asset purchases or sales
- restricted financial services, such as bail bonds, check cashing, debt collection, etc.
- sales of conterfeit or unauthorized products or services
- any activites Bakkt believes pose increased legal liability, financial risk or violate card network rules and policies
You are prohibited from using your Account, Wallet and/or Services to engage in activity that:
- violates any law, statute, regulation, or rule
- violates regulations of the United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of the Services or disrupts other Bakkt customers
- copies, reproduces, modifies, transmits, resells or distributes Bakkt’s material
- facilitates general harm to the public or public safety, such as the purchase or sale of: narcotics, alcohol, weapons, firearms, ammunition, or hate speech, violence, racism, intolerance, illicit material, human trafficking, gambling, etc.
- facilitates harm to other Bakkt users, such as stalking, harassing, threatening, or otherwise violating or infringing on the legal rights of others
- facilitates financial crimes, such as fraud, bribery, corruption, trafficking of personal information or credentials, conversion of stolen funds or digital assets, pyriamid schemes, ponzi schemes, scams, ransomware, etc.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. Bakkt may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at Bakkt’s discretion, Bakkt will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity. Bakkt may review, monitor, store and disclose any information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, request from a governmental authority or request by a court.
Bakkt is registered with the United States Department of Treasury Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and actively seeks to enforce these guidelines in order to prevent Bakkt from being used for money laundering, terrorism financing, or other financial crimes.
If you suspect violations of this Acceptable Use Policy, or if you have questions about it, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.