Bakkt Marketplace E-SIGN Consent
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
By opening your Account and certifying your consent to the Bakkt Terms of Service, you consent to receiving electronic communications, which include all notices, disclosures, agreements, statements, fee schedules, explanation of services, transaction confirmations and history, inquiry responses, and other communications that Bakkt provides to you. These electronic communications are equivalent to communications in writing and shall have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by Bakkt.
You agree that, except as otherwise required by U.S. law, Bakkt may provide any notice permitted or required under this Agreement via email, posting on its Website or App, or Account notification. Any email communications will be delivered to the email address registered to your Account. You must notify us of any change in your email address or mobile device number by signing into your account and following the directions there. Unless otherwise required by law, you agree that any electronic communication will be deemed received by you when sent by any means set forth above.
Your consent to receive communications electronically applies to all communications from Bakkt for the duration of the Account relationship, unless you revoke your consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications by making a request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, Bakkt will immediately close your Account and may liquidate on your behalf any cryptocurrency holdings and transfer to your linked bank account the U.S. Dollar balance.
You agree and understand that Bakkt will not provide paper versions of electronically presented documents.
The following are the hardware and software requirements to access and retain electronic communications:
- A mobile device running iOS or Android or computer with an Internet connection;
- A data plan provided by your wireless carrier and an up-to-date mobile Internet browser that is compatible with, and supported by, your operating system (e.g., Chrome or Safari);
- Software that accurately reads and displays .pdf files;
- Sufficient storage space to save electronic communications or connection to a printer, if you choose to print paper records;
- Access to the email address registered with your account;
- An e-mail application capable of receiving and displaying text-based e-mail messages
You agree that you will update the account information you provide including a current email address. Bakkt will be deemed to have provided an electronic communication when it is delivered your email address on file, regardless of if you did not receive it due to the email being out of date or if you are otherwise unable to receive electronic communications.